Thursday, August 11, 2011

How much Protein?

I was just looking at a formula on line to see how much protein should I be taking in each day with an active lifestyle. It said take your weight ( 165 ) divided by 2.2 165/2.2 and then multiply that by 1.2 165/2.2 X 2.2 = 90 grams of protein. I am looking at what I took in today for protein and I fall way short.

Instant oatmeal this morning 8.5 grams
Muscle Milk 25 grams
Can of tuna 26 grams
Egg Noodles 7 grams

My lunch had vegetables which had some protein but not alot. So in total lunch and dinner 66.5 grams of protein before dinner and I usually dont have the muscle milk which i bought this morning.

I gotta step it up to be able to lose weight and build muscle. Gotta find out where to get it ( protein) from.

No comments:

Post a Comment